Institute on Disability Seeks Artists for 2015 Calendar
Are you an artist looking for an opportunity to get your work noticed? Do you know someone who is an artist and might be interested in such an opportunity?
For the past 15 years, the Institute on Disability (IOD) at the University of New Hampshire has produced a calendar featuring 13 original works of art. These highly anticipated calendars are distributed each year a few thousand people around the world connected to the IOD. The IOD is currently inviting artists to submit artwork to be considered for its 2015 Calendar.
This year, we are looking for artwork submissions which reflect the IOD’s vision of a future where all people, including individuals living with disabilities, are fully engaged members of communities. We welcome any and all creative interpretations of this vision from individuals or collaborative works of art.
Here are some simple guidelines to follow for submissions:
- All artwork must be two-dimensional (i.e. drawings, paintings). Unfortunately, we are unable to accept photography and sculpture.
- Artwork for submission may be created for the purpose of this calendar or may be selected from an existing portfolio of work.
- Artists are welcome to submit a maximum of three (3) works of art for consideration.
- If chosen, the original work submitted will be requested and will need to be sent to the IOD. All originals will be returned to the artists.
To submit artwork for the calendar, you will need to:
- Email a digital copy (scanned or photographed artwork) as a JPG or PDF file to email@example.com. The email subject should be “2015 IOD Calendar Art.”
- To submit a Printed Copy (not an original) via the Mail, please mail it to: Institute on Disability/UCED, 10 West Edge Drive, Suite 101, Durham, NH 03824 Attn: Communications & Marketing
- Submissions must include the artist’s name, city, state, phone number, email address, and title(s) of artwork.
- Do Not Send Original Artwork at This Time.
The Submission Deadline is Friday, July 25, 2014.
If selected, artists will be asked to complete an Artwork Release Form. We will not feature any artwork without the release form, so make sure you are willing and able to comply with the terms prior to submission. Selected Artists will be contacted no later than Friday, August 29, 2014.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the IOD.