Institute on Disability Seeks Artists for 2016 Calendar
Are you an artist looking for an opportunity to get your work noticed? Do you know someone who is an artist and might be interested in such an opportunity?
Since 2000, the Institute on Disability (IOD) at the University of New Hampshire has produced a full-color calendar featuring 13 original works of art coupled with inspirational quotes. These highly anticipated calendars are distributed each year to individuals across the U.S. and around the world that are connected to the IOD and our mission – to promote full access, equal opportunities, and participation for everyone. We are currently inviting artists to submit artwork to be considered for our 2016 Calendar. This is a wonderful opportunity to share your talent with a large and diverse audience.
This year, we are looking for artwork submissions which reflect the IOD’s vision of a future where all people, including individuals living with disabilities, are fully engaged members of communities. We welcome any and all creative interpretations of this vision including individual works or collaborative efforts. Here are some simple submission guidelines for artists to follow:
- All artwork must be two-dimensional (i.e. drawings, paintings). Unfortunately, we are unable to accept photography and sculpture.
- Artwork may be created for the purpose of this calendar or may be selected from an existing portfolio of work.
- Each artist is welcome to submit a maximum of three (3) works of art for consideration.
- Submissions can be sent via email as a JPG or PDF to email@example.com (Please make the email subject “2016 IOD Calendar Art”) or printed copies by mail (please do not send originals) to: Institute on Disability/UCED,10 West Edge Drive, Suite 101, Durham, NH 03824, Attn: Communications & Marketing
- Submissions must include the artist’s name, city, state, phone number, email address, and title(s) of the artwork.
- Artists will be contacted regarding next steps if one of their submissions is chosen.
- The Submission Deadline is Friday, June 26, 2015.
Selected artists will receive 5 free copies of the calendar and will be asked to complete an Artwork Release Form. We will not feature any artwork without the release form, so make sure you are willing and able to comply with the terms prior to submission. Selected Artists will be contacted no later than Friday, July 31, 2015.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the IOD. Good luck and we look forward to your submissions!